You’re desperately trying to lose weight, and you’ve had people recommend lots of quick-fix options, most of which don’t seem to work. Before you throw yourself a mega pity-party, I’m giving you one more option – fat burners.
According to the National Institutes of Health, 45% of Americans are overweight, and many of them are desperately trying to find solutions.
If these supplements were as effective as the TV adverts say they are, we would be talking of fewer figures.
Back to fat burning pills. What are they? Do they work? Let’s roll.
What Are Fat Burners?
These fat burning supplements claim to aid weight loss by enhancing metabolism, burning fat for fuel, and impairing absorption of some more.
They also help with the oxidation of fats during physical exercise.
While some could work, most of these ‘magic pills’ are ineffective and could pose potential harm to your health. Many contain ingredients that are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Most of these fat burners have ingredients that are naturally occurring. And, yes – most of them have proven effectiveness in weight loss.
13 Fat Burners That Really Work
Side Effects of Fat Burners
Though presumed to be safe, natural fat burning pills have their negative sides. Finding fat burners that work is possible. However, you could gain back lost weight sooner than you think. Such weight fluctuations could harm your body. Other side effects of fat burners include;
- Allergies: Most fat burning pills are associated with different allergies. Even the best fat burning pills have ingredients that'll get your body reacting. Stomach upsets, itching are common side effects. Can you handle that? Then you can handle some nausea and slight headaches in some cases, too. You'll be just fine.
- Insomnia: Fat burners could also get you having trouble sleeping. The stimulants in fat burners, apart from changing your sleeping patterns, could also raise your heart rate leading to a total loss of sleep. Caffeine, for instance, interferes with normal body metabolism leading to loss of sleep. Ephedrine is also likely to alter your normal sleeping patterns. Excessive consumption of fat burning could permanently alter your sleeping patterns. Be sure to involve your doctor on the right dosage.
- High blood pressure: The fat burners speeding up your metabolism will have your heart pumping faster than it normally should, to cater for the extra activity. Hence, raising your blood pressure and causing additional health complications.
- Behavior Change: Mood swings, nervousness, irritability, aggressiveness; any of these sounds familiar? If you consume fat burners, then you can relate. Ingredients in fat burning supplements tend to subject consumers to such behavior changes. Yes – your eating patterns can be affected too. You could, all of a sudden, be resistant to certain foods hence bringing fluctuations in your nervous system.
Other Fat burners side effects include
- Heart Risk: Most ingredients of effective fat burners could put you in the risk of cardiovascular complications, especially when consumed in excess. The fear of heart risks has seen the FDA ban some of these products. One such product is Sibutramine – the fat burner that caused acute heart damages, hence multiple heart attacks and stroke. The bitter orange is yet another supplement that exhibited similar heart complications.
- Anxiety: Most fat burners have ingredients that raise hormone cortisol – the stress hormone. Such, apart from inhibiting weight loss, could cause more health complications. Talk to your doctor before settling on any fat burner to know how best to deal with such complications.
- Stomach Problems: Stomach problems are common when consuming fat burners. Constipation, diarrhea, and problems with bowel movements are quite the norm here. You can reduce such by taking the right dosage of fat burners. Your doctor can also suggest alternative remedies. Be sure to engage them.
- Other Complications: Certain ingredients of fat cutter supplements are prone to causing emotional and mental disorders. In other cases, users get caught up in addiction – just similar to drug use. Involve your doctor before and while using these supplements to eliminate the chance of such complications occurring.
- Death: In very rare cases, there have been deaths resulting from overdosing, underdosing, or using the wrong products. Consulting your doctor is a critical step. You don't want to skip it.
Do Fat Burners Work?
Yes. Make-no-mistake: Fat burners are not magic pills. No – you won't lose tons in a week. You'll want to make realistic expectations to avoid disappointments. Follow the tips below to get the best of your fat burner;
- Have reasonable expectations: While I understand you're looking for fat burners that work fast, shedding 10 pounds in a week isn't going to happen. Fat burning pills that really work, and are safe, will have you losing up to 4 pounds weekly. Anything that promises you faster weight loss is likely to cause you health complications. Losing weight too abruptly could lead to severe side effects and leave you looking shapeless and unhealthy. Instead of daily goals, work with weekly or monthly goals. This way, the results are likely to encourage and give you the boost you need to go on.
- Cycle it: A single fat burner might not give you results forever. Looking to burn tummy fat? Lose some weight? Cycle fat burners. When you consume them for a few weeks, most fat burners get used to your body hence giving little or no positive results. However, you might experience withdrawal effects when you stop using some fat burners. Don't worry. Most of the effects will be severe in the first few days. However, your body will slowly adapt.
Alternatively, you can stop consuming specific fat burners for some weeks, then go back later, consuming a lesser dose than before.
Making the most out of Fat Burners
Start with smaller doses:
Fat burners will give you the correct amounts of certain ingredients as the manufacturer intends. However, don't be tempted to adopt the thinking that the more you consume, the faster the results. Instead of being obsessed with losing weight,concentrate on long-term goals.
The direction on the pack will give just the right dose. Its recommended that you start and maintain the manufacturer's dose for at least two weeks. After that, you can decide whether to increase it or not. Most fat burners have more than one dose direction on the pack. If yours doesn't, then it's probably not a good idea to increase the dose.
Prioritize the muscles:
Looking for a quick-fix for weight loss is common. Tempting as it may seem, hopping on any solution to get that dream body is a bad idea.
Coupling up proper nutrition, best fat cutter supplements with regular productive workouts that prioritizes maximum fat loss, and minimum muscle loss will give you the best results faster.
For long-term weight loss needs, muscles will serve you right. They not only burn calories but also give your body shape and keeps you active longer while giving you a good feeling.
The bottom line is; fat burners are an effective way of attaining your weight loss goals. However, the proper use of these supplements is critical.
It would be wrong to take fat burners as quick-fix to your weight loss goals. That calls for setting realistic goals. Go easy on your body by scheduling moderate changes to avoid some health complications.
But most importantly, consult your doctor before settling on any supplement.
- Vitamin B12 Injections: Can They Help Manage Weight?
- 10 Best Fat Burning Creams [Instant Results]
- 13 Best Vitamins for Weight Loss: That Really Work
- 15 Best CrossFit Hero WODs You Should Try At Home
- Mariah Carey Weightloss: Here’s Her Secret
- Diet Center Program: The Roadmap to Healthy Weight Loss
- Weight Loss Tips That Are Science-Backed
- Keto diet: Here’s all You’ll Ever Need to Know
- Freeletics Review – Carry Your Gym With You Everywhere
- 13 Best Weight Loss Machines You Must Try